Bushnell Porter Estate Agents Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
In the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Personal Data is defined as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier; such as a name or identification number, plus location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.”
The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
- Contact you by telephone, email and post to discuss your requirements and to be able to recommend the relevant products and services for your requirements
- Process your information to issue invoices where necessary
- Communicate with you in future regarding any offers which may be of use and interest to you and send you said offers
- To maintain our own records
The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to personal data described above, we process and hold the following categories of your data:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Contact name
- Contact address
We have obtained your personal data from our customer records if you are an existing customer and the internet and or relevant printed publications and/or from speaking to yourself and if you are a potential customer.
Why do we need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to conduct business, liaise, offer promotions and service requirements with you, we collect and store your data. We will ensure that the information collected will only be used for its intended purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Sharing your personal data
We may need to pass your details onto third parties who are contracted to Bushnell Porter Estate Agents Ltd. Any third parties who we do pass your details onto are obliged to store your details securely and only process them if responding to requests on our behalf. When the time comes that they no longer require your personal data, they will dispose of this accordingly and in line with our company policy. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary, our industry standard is six years from when you cease being a customer. We only retain your data to continue potential and/or current business with you and see if our products are of interest and let you know of any special offers we have. Any personal data we receive from you for the purposes of our money laundering checks will be processed only for the purposes of preventing money laundering and terrorist financing, or as otherwise permitted by law or with your consent. You consent to us retaining your data for longer than the five year statutory personal date retention period, unless you tell us otherwise.
How will we use the personal data we collect about you?
Processing data constitutes as collecting, storing and using. We will process this data in accordance with the GDPR. We will do our utmost to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it longer than is necessary. Bushnell Porter Estate Agents Ltd may issue occasional reminders to all customers to keep their contact details up to date and will update them accordingly. Please be advised that there is information that we are required to keep in accordance with the law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes. Personal data may be held for longer than these periods.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
Data Subject Access Request (DSAR)
If you want to see what personal data we hold on you and how it is processed, you may contact us to request this. This is known as a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) and you must request this in writing (either by post or email), providing the necessary identification (A Certified copy of a Passport, Photo Driving Licence, Utility Bill or Council Tax Bill (from the last three months), or Notarised ID Document) before any information is released.
Contact details of the GDPR Controller
If you wish to submit a DSAR, or have any questions regarding this privacy statement, you must do so in writing using the following information.
Bushnell Porter Estate Agents Ltd, 28 Marmion Road, Southsea, Hants PO5 2BA
To make the Bushnell Porter Estate Agents Ltd website simpler to use, small data files are placed on your computer. These are known as cookies. Most big websites do this too.
They improve things by:
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page;
- remembering information you’ve given (e.g. your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it;
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs.
Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish.
The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Strictly Necessary|
The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following analytics Cookies:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Strictly Necessary|
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies for all sites.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org.
How to control cookies
Below are links to instructions on how to control Cookies in the mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact
Bushnell Porter on +44(0) 23 9283 2828